Divij Sharan in partnership with Scott Clayton of Britain beat second seeds Roman Jebavy and Adil Shamasdin 6-4, 7-6(4) in the doubles pre-quarterfinals of the € 106,000 Challenger tennis tournament in France on Wednesday.
Figuring in the same half, Divij and his British partner could run into Purav Raja and Leander Paes in the semifinals. Purav had opted to partner Paes before the US Open, and Divij had done well to win an ATP Tour title last week with Scott Lipsky of the US.
In the $75,000 Challenger in China, top seeds Jeevan Nedunchezhiyan in partnership with Christopher Rungkat of Indonesia sailed into the doubles quarterfinals.
In the Challenger in Vietnam, Yuki Bhambri cruised into the quarterfinals, while Prajnesh Guneswaran moved into the second round.
In the ITF Futures in Kuala Lumpur, Kaza Vinayak Sharma capitalised on a lucky-loser spot to make the pre-quarterfinals, while fifth seed Karunuday Singh lost in the third set tie-break after having fought from being down 2-5 in that set.
Ankita Raina won the doubles pre-quarterfinals in the $60,000 ITF women’s event in China, in partnership with Dalila Jakupovic of Slovenia.
- Athletics at Asian Games 2023 LIVE updates, Hangzhou 2022: Tajinderpal, Sahib in action in shot put
- Asian Games 2023 LIVE Updates, October 1: Nikhat Zareen in action; Satwik-Chirag leads 1-0 in men’s badminton final - Hangzhou 2022 Scores
- India vs China Badminton LIVE Score men’s team final, Asian Games 2023: Satwik-Chirag win first game after Lakshya beat Yuqi Shi to give India 1-0 lead in tie; Hangzhou updates
- China Open: Alcaraz reaches quarterfinal, Sabalenka thrashes Kenin to sail into second round
- VAR officials replaced after offside error in Liverpool defeat