Federer, Nishikori missing from Monte Carlo line-up

Roger Federer, a four-time runner-up at the tournament, had already said he will only decide on his clay court schedule once the ongoing Miami Masters ends next week.

Roger Federer won the Indian Wells Masters to rise up to sixth in the ATP rankings.   -  AFP

Roger Federer and Kei Nishikori were the only members of the world top 10 missing from the entry list for the Monte Carlo Masters which was released on Thursday.

Australian Open champion Federer, a four-time runner-up at the tournament, had already said he will only decide on his clay court schedule once the ongoing Miami Masters ends next week.

World No. 4 Nishikori has only played once in Monte Carlo. The Japanese star lost in the third round in 2012 to Tomas Berdych.

This year's Monte Carlo Masters takes place from April 16-23 and will see defending champion Rafael Nadal chasing a 10th title.

  Dugout videos