Indian tennis player Ramkumar Ramanathan cherished his first ever main draw win at a Grand Slam as he combined with American Hunter Reese to beat the German team of Daniel Altmaier and Oscar Otte in the men's doubles event of the French Open, here on Wednesday.
Ramkumar, who has made umpteen attempts to crack a singles main draw of a Grand Slam without success, and Reese beat their rivals 7-6(4) 6-3 in their opening round of the clay court major.
ALSO READ |
The 27-year-old Indian had broken into the doubles top-100 early this year, following his maiden ATP Tour title win with compatriot Rohan Bopanna in Adelaide and at home in Pune, competing in the Tata Open Maharashtra.
- Renegades vs Scorchers BBL match abandoned due to unsafe pitch
- Indian sports news wrap, December 10
- WPL: Wicket of Alyssa Healy will give Kashvee Gautam most joy
- Ten Hag blasts ‘inconsistent’ Man United after Bournemouth misery
- Men’s Volleyball Club World C’ships: Sicoma one step from completing title defence, faces Itambe Minas in final