Hubert Hurkacz beat local favourite Benjamin Bonzi in straight sets to win the ATP250 tournament in Marseille on Sunday.
Top-seeded Hurkacz defeated World No.60 Bonzi 6-3, 7-6(4) in an hour and 31 minutes to clinch his sixth tour-level title and first since Halle last year.
World No.11 Hurkacz hit 19 aces, saved three set points at 5-6 in the second set before holding firm in the tie-break to win his first title of the 2023 season.
“I think my game is getting better,” said Hurkacz in the post-match interview. “I’m super happy with the way I competed today. I was able to come up with some good shots and good serves in the important moments, so I’m really happy with that.”
The 26-year-old Pole will move to within 96 points of World No. 10 Holger Rune of Denmark in the ATP Rankings on Monday.
Latest on Sportstar
- Heat vs Nuggets Live Score, Game 2: MIA 66-71 DEN; Miami fights back in third quarter - NBA Finals updates
- Denver Nuggets vs Miami Heat LIVE Streaming Info: When and where to watch the NBA Finals Game 2?
- Sabalenka makes French Open last eight for first time
- Tsitsipas blasts past Ofner to make French Open quarter-finals
- Duplantis sets new 2023 pole vault best