The Indian boys opened their challenge in a strong fashion by beating Kazakhstan 3-0 in a group-C league match of the Asia Oceania World Junior under-14 tennis tournament in Bangkok on Monday.
Divesh Gahlot and VM Sandeep dropped only two games each in winning the singles matches, and the doubles was a little more competitive when Nishant Dabas partnered Sandeep.
India will play Uzbekistan on Tuesday and Korea on Wednesday, in its attempt to make the knock-out phase.
The results (league): India bt Kazakhstan 3-0 (Divesh Gahlot bt Nikita Sidorov 6-0, 6-2; VM Sandeep bt Timur Chsherbokov 6-2, 6-0; Nishant Dabas & VM Sandeep bt Nikita Sidorov & Daniyal Taskali 6-4, 7-5).
Pool-A: Chinese Taipei, China, Hong Kong, Lebanon.
Pool-B: New Zealand, Japan, Syria, Philippines.
Pool-C: India, Korea, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan.
Pool-D: Australia, Thailand, Indonesia, Sri Lanka.
- IND vs AUS live score 3rd ODI: Bumrah removes Maxwell, Carey in quick succession; Australia loses five wickets
- Table Tennis LIVE Score, Asian Games 2023: Sathiyan, Manika qualify for R-16; Sreeja, Harmeet in action
- Asian Games 2023: Overall medals tally, September 27 - LIVE - Sift Kaur wins gold with WR in shooting; India 6th with 5 gold, 22 medals in total
- Ukraine to boycott all UEFA competitions featuring Russian teams
- Asian Games 2023 LIVE, September 27 Updates: Anant wins silver in men’s skeet; Esha bags silver in 25m pistol; Sumit, Ankita bow out in tennis; India 5th with 22 medals