Leander Paes, seeded second in partnership with Miguel Angel Reyes-Varela of Mexico, made the doubles quarterfinals with a 4-6, 7-5, 10-6 victory over Luca Margaroli and David Vega Hernandez in the $150,000 Challenger tennis tournament in the US.
In the $15,000 ITF women’s event in Tunisia, Bhuvana Kalva made the second round, but lost the doubles pre-quarterfinals in partnership with her sister Likhitha Kalava 9-11 in the super tie-break against Daria Solovyeva and Klaudia Wira.
$150,000 Challenger men, Houston, US
Doubles (pre-quarterfinals): Miguel Angel Reyes-Varela (Mex) & Leander Paes bt Luca Margaroli (Sui) & David Vega Hernandez (Esp) 4-6, 7-5, [10-6].
$15,000 ITF men, Meshref, Kuwait
Singles (pre-quarterfinals): Aidan Mchugh (GBR) bt Dhruv Sunish 6-1, 6-1.
$15,000 ITF women, Monastir, Tunisia
Singles (first round): Vasilisa Aponasenko (Rus) bt Likhitha Kalava 6-0, 6-3; Bhuvana Kalva bt Noelly Longi Nsimba (Can) 6-1, 7-6(4). Doubles (pre-quarterfinals): Daria Solovyeva (Rus) & Klaudia Wira (Pol) bt Likhitha Kalava & Bhuvana Kalva 6-4, 2-6, [11-9].
- Du Plessis hints at return to international cricket ahead of T20 World Cup
- Manchester United vs Chelsea: Top five Premier League clashes
- ISL 2023-24: Mohun Bagan Super Giant looks to avenge AFC Cup loss against Odisha FC
- Mohun Bagan Super Giant vs Odisha FC LIVE streaming info, ISL 2023-24: When, where to watch; Preview
- WATCH: Bangladesh’s Mushfiqur Rahim out handling the ball in second Test against New Zealand