Jeevan Nedunchezhiyan, in partnership with Yuki Bhambri, was beaten 6-2, 6-4 by Di Wu and Zhizhen Zhang of China in the doubles pre-quarterfinals of the USD 50,000 men’s Challenger tennis tournament in China on Wednesday. Jeevan had won the Chennai Open with Rohan Bopanna at the start of the season, and Yuki had made the pre-quarterfinals of the Australian Open with Michael Venus of New Zealand in 2014.
In the ITF women’s event in Egypt, Sai Samhitha made the second round, while Natasha Palha and Rishika Sunkara were beaten in the first round of doubles.
USD 50,000 Challenger men, Zhuhai, China
Doubles (pre-quarterfinals): Di Wu and Zhizhen Zhang (Chn) bt Yuki Bhambri and Jeevan Nedunchezhiyan 6-2, 6-4.
USD 15,000 ITF women, Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt
Singles (first round): Sai Samhitha bt Ekaterina Klyueva (Kaz) 6-0, 6-3.
Doubles (pre-quarterfinals): Veronika Kapshay (Ukr) and Julia Wachaczyk (Ger) bt Natasha Palha and Rishika Sunkara 6-3, 6-3.
- Asian Games 2023: Overall medals tally, September 27 - LIVE - Sift Kaur wins gold with WR in shooting; India wins gold, silver in shooting team event; Moves on 5th with 5 gold, 22 medals in total
- IND vs AUS live score 3rd ODI: Warner reaches fifty in 32 balls as Australia launches attack in PowerPlay vs India
- Asian Games 2023, September 27 Live Updates: Esha bags silver in 25m pistol, Samra wins 50m rifle 3p gold, Anant wins silver in men’s skeet; India 5th with 22 medals
- Table Tennis LIVE Score, Asian Games 2023: India Men’s Doubles R-64, Manav Thakkar and Manush Shah into deciding game
- Shooting LIVE Score Asian Games 2023: Anant wins silver in men’s skeet final; Sift wins gold with WR, India wins 25m women’s pistol team gold