Karman Kaur Thandi won her maiden singles title on the ITF Pro circuit after demolishing Jia-Jing Lu’s challenge in straight sets in the final of the USD 25,000 Hong Kong event.
The second-ranked Indian beat the top seeded Chinese 6-1 6-2 to clinch her maiden trophy.
The 20-year-old Delhi girl did not drop a single set in her campaign.
Karman, ranked 261, was playing Jia-Jing, ranked 185 for the second time, having beaten her at the Navi Mumbai event last year. The 28-year-old Chinese has won 16 ITF singles title in her career. Karman earned 50 ranking points for her effort.
Karman has already won three ITF doubles titles.
Latest on Sportstar
- WTC Final LIVE Score, IND vs AUS Day 1: India to bowl first vs Australia; Ashwin out of Playing XI in Rohit’s 50th Test
- Moeen Ali comes out of Test retirement for Ashes 2023
- IND vs AUS Dream 11 prediction, WTC Final 2023: India vs Australia Playing 11 updates, fantasy picks, pitch report, squads
- WTC Final 2023: Rohit Sharma, Pat Cummins feature in their 50th Tests at Oval
- IND vs AUS WTC Final, London weather update LIVE: Will it rain on Day 1 at the Oval during India vs Australia?