Wimbledon finalist Matteo Berrettini underwent a minor operation on his playing hand on Tuesday following his withdrawal from the ATP 1000 event in Miami, the Italian world number six said.
The 25-year-old, who reached the semifinals of the year's first major in Melbourne, pulled out just before his opening match in Miami.
"My team and I have been speaking to medical experts since my withdrawal from Miami with a right hand injury," he said in an Instagram post.
"Following multiple scans and assessments we decided a minor operation was the best solution to ensure a full and quick recovery," he said.
Berrettini said that the operation went "extremely well".
"My doctor and team are already discussing plans for me to get back on-court. I will provide an update as soon as this plan is finalised," he added.
- 79th National Squash C’ship: Top seed Abhay Singh rallies to win from a game down to enter quarters
- India’s squad for T20I series against Australia announced: Suryakumar Yadav to captain; Sanju Samson misses out
- Advani, Kothari set up title clash in World Billiards Championship
- 79th National squash championship: Olympic medal doesn’t seem unachievable, says Abhay Singh
- Best bowling spells of ICC World Cup 2023: Shami’s 7/57 vs NZ, Shaheen’s fifer against Australia in top 5