Former world number one Naomi Osaka has hired Wim Fissette as her coach ahead of her Australian Open defence.
Osaka split from Sascha Bajin after clinching her second major title in Melbourne this year and brought Jermaine Jenkins on board to replace him.
The duo parted ways after the Japanese fell short in her attempt to retain her US Open crown, going down to Belinda Bencic in the fourth round.
Osaka worked with her father for the remainder of the season but has turned to Fissette ahead of the 2020 season, WTA Insider confirmed.
Among the players to have been coached by Belgian Fissette are Kim Clijsters, Victoria Azarenka, Angelique Kerber and Simona Halep.
Clijsters won three grand slams and Kerber triumphed at Wimbledon in 2018 while working with Fissette.
Osaka, who withdrew from the WTA Finals due to a right shoulder injury, is set to begin the new season at the Brisbane International in January.
- NBA roundup: Bulls charges back for OT win vs. Wolves
- Under-19 World Cup: Living up to name - Beed’s little Sachin lives his father’s dream
- Klinsmann vows not to quit after South Korea’s Asian Cup exit
- NZ vs SA, 1st Test: New Zealand thrashes Proteas by 281 runs
- Zhou plans a more aggressive third season in F1