Former US Open champions Emma Raducanu and Dominic Thiem have been handed wild card entries into the Miami Open, the tournament said on Thursday.
Raducanu, winner at Flushing Meadows in 2021, also required a wild card to get into next week’s event in Indian Wells after an injury plagued start to the season.
The British number one has not played since injuring her ankle at the Australian Open and was forced out of the WTA250 event in Austin after contracting tonsillitis.
Thiem, the 2020 US Open champion who was once ranked as high world number three, has also had his injury struggles this year with the 29-year-old Austrian collecting just one singles win this season.
“Both these players have shown what it takes to win the biggest tournaments in the world, and we look forward to welcoming them to Miami to compete for the title here in a few short weeks,” said tournament director James Blake.
The Miami Open runs from March 19 to April 2.
Latest on Sportstar
- Heat vs Nuggets Live Score, Game 1: Miami, Denver face off for title; Starting Lineups, NBA Finals updates
- Why is the England vs Ireland Lord’s Test a four-day game?
- French Open: Sabalenka, Djokovic hoping to steer clear of controversy
- ENG vs IRE Test, day 1: England takes control against Ireland as Broad stars with ball
- ‘I will continue’: Ronaldo says he’ll stay in Saudi