Rafael Nadal announced on Friday that he will not take part in the upcoming Italian Open.
“I am very sorry to announce that I will not be able to be in Rome. You all know how much it hurts me to miss another one of the tournaments that has a place in my career as a professional and a person as well as for the support my Italian fans show me,“ tweeted Nadal.
“Despite noting an improvement in recent days, it has been several months since I have been able to train at a high level,” he wrote. “The re-adaptation process needs its time, and I don’t have any choice other than to accept that.”
Nadal, nursing a left hip injury, has been out of action since the Australian Open in January. This has seen the 22-time Grand Slam Champion drop out of the ATP Top 10.
Questions over the Spaniards fitness have raised concerns that he might not be fit to play the French Open, a title he’s lifted 14 times in his career.
Recently, he also pulled out of the Barcelona Open.
- Prannoy added new strokes in this World Championship: Coach Sai Dutt
- Buchi Babu tournament: TNCA XI in control after bundling out Bengal for 193 on opening day
- Mumbai City FC vs Mohun Bagan Super Giant Live Score, Durand Cup QF: MCFC 1-2 MBSG; Manvir hands lead to MBSG - quarterfinal match updates
- Canada sets new Basketball World Cup assists record
- CPKC Women’s Open: Chasing first LPGA Tour win, Khang opens three-shot lead