Here is all you need to know about the latest WTA Rankings released on March 20, 2023.
Kazakhstan’s Elena Rybakina reached a new career-high in the latest WTA Rankings on Monday.
Reigning Wimbledon champion Rybakina faced World No. 2 Aryna Sabalenka in the Indians Wells summit clash on Sunday in a rematch of this year’s Australian Open final but managed to beat the Belarusian this time. With her maiden Masters title, the 23-year-old jumped three spots and is now World No. 7.
Maria Sakkari of Greece, last year’s runner-up, lost to Sabalenka in the semifinals and swapped places with Rybakina to become World No. 10.
Elsewhere, in the top 10, Frenchwoman Caroline Garcia and Tunisia’s Ons Jabeur swapped the fourth and fifth spots. Defending champion Iga Swiatek, who lost to Rybakina in the semifinals, is still comfortably the top-ranked player.
Russia’s Varvara Gracheva (up 12 spots to 54th), Czech Republic’s Karolina Muchova (up 21 spots to 55th) and Sweden’s Rebecca Peterson (up 27 spots to 76th) made the biggest jumps in top 100.
|Women's Top 10|
|(POL) Iga Swiatek - 9975 points|
|(BLR) Aryna Sabalenka - 6740 points|
|(USA) Jessica Pegula - 5605 points|
|(FRA) Caroline Garcia - 4990 points|
|(TUN) Ons Jabeur - 4976 points|
|(USA) Coco Gauff - 4401 points|
|(KAZ) Elena Rybakina - 3720 points|
|(RUS) Daria Kasatkina - 3375 points|
|(SUI) Belinda Bencic - 3360 points|
|(GRE) Maria Sakkari - 3191 points|
- India vs Australia Live Score, 5th T20I: AUS - 70/3 (10); Aussies need 91 runs in 10 Overs, Bishnoi dismisses Hardie and Head
- PKL LIVE Score, Gujarat Giants vs Bengaluru Bulls: Defence keeps Giants in hunt vs Bulls; Ajinkya Pawar one-man show leads Thalaivas to 42-31 win over Delhi; Pro Kabaddi League 2023 updates
- EURO 2024 playoffs: Who are the teams involved, when will the matches be played?
- Indian sports news wrap, December 3: Abhinav Choudhary wins rapid fire pistol gold at National Championships
- FC Goa vs Kerala Blasters FC, LIVE Score, FCG 1-0 KBFC ISL 2023-24: Gaurs leads through Rowllin Borges’ strike, SECOND HALF