India's Sumit Nagal's dream run at the ATP Argentina Open came to an end as he went down fighting against Spain's Albert Ramos-Vinolas in the men's singles quarterfinal here. Nagal gave fifth seed and World No. 46 Ramos-Vinolas stiff resistance before going down 6-4, 2-6, 5-7 in a 2-hour-25-minute duel on Friday.
Nagalhad reached his maiden ATP tour level quarterfinal when he registered the biggest win of his career by stunning World No. 22 Cristian Garin of Chile in the Round of 16.
Nagal, who had reached the second round at US Open last year, started as a qualifier here before making it to the main draw.
- RCB vs UPW Live Score, WPL 2024: Rajeshwari removes Meghana, Wareham in same over
- Ranji Trophy quarterfinal: Indrajith steps up as Tamil Nadu asserts control against Saurashtra
- IND vs ENG, 4th Test: Bashir’s exploits, under Nostradamus Stokes, leave India in tatters
- No denying Janneke Schopman’s contribution but missing Olympics made her stay untenable
- BWF Para Badminton World Championships 2024: Bhagat, Yathiraj, Nagar reach finals