Lorenzo Sonego shocked eighth seed Joao Sousa to progress into the second round of the Antalya Open on Sunday.
Having convincingly won the first set, Sonego got the better of the 2018 quarterfinalist after a remarkable tie-break.
Sousa looked to have the edge when he made it 11-10, but Sonego fought back, claiming successive points before breaking serve to wrap up a 6-4 7-6 (13-11) victory.
READ | Australian Barty becomes women's world number one
Miomir Kecmanovic also won his first-round tie, coming through 6-4 6-3 against Jaume Munar.
Viktor Troicki will meet Jozef Kovalik in the first round after the top-ranked qualifier survived a scare from Roberto Ortega-Olmedo.
Troicki fell behind in the first set on Sunday and needed a tie-break to keep himself in the match in the second.
But the two-time Sydney International champion rallied in the third, securing a 3-6 7-6 (7-4) 6-2 win.
Latest on Sportstar
- Gundogan is HIM: Man City midfielder stakes claim to be best signing of Guardiola era
- French Open: Jabeur eases past Pera to move into quarterfinals
- French Open: ‘I feel 17 again’, says Svitolina after entering quarterfinals
- Asian U20 Athletics Championship: Shivam bags silver in javelin throw; Shakeel wins bronze in 800m
- 255-member strong contingent to represent India at Special Olympics World Summer Games