Japan's US Open champion Naomi Osaka rose to fourth place in the latest WTA rankings released Monday on the strength of her outstanding form in recent weeks.
Romania's Simona Halep tops the table ahead of second-placed Caroline Wozniacki of Denmark with Germany's Angelique Kerber holding onto third place.
Osaka, aged 20, who reached the semi-finals of the China Open last week, moves up from sixth to fourth place on 4,770 points and is closing in on Kerber, who has 5,400 points. The rising Japanese star became only the second Asian woman to win a Grand Slam singles title with last month's stunning win over Serena Williams in the US Open final. She becomes the top ranked Japanese woman since Kimiko Date in 1995.
Latest WTA rankings
- WPL 2024: Sajana smashes last ball six as Mumbai Indians seals dramatic opener vs Delhi Capitals
- MI vs DC Highlights, WPL 2024: Last-ball six from Sajana clinches thriller for Mumbai Indians
- Dubai Championships 2024: Qualifier Kalinskaya upsets World No. 1 Swiatek, faces Paolini in final
- ISL 2023-24: Bipin grabs brace as Mumbai City cruises to win against Chennaiyin
- Manchester United to play Arsenal in one of FIFA World Cup 2026 venues during pre-season