Third seed Yuki Bhambri beat second seed Shintaro Imai of Japan 6-4, 7-5 in the final of the $10,000 ITF men’s Futures tennis tournament in Hong Kong on Sunday.
The 534th ranked Yuki converted three of the four breakpoints that he forced in a match that lasted nearly two hours, and dropped serve once. It was the 11th singles title in the Futures circuit for Yuki, who has five Challenger titles as well.
The 24-year-old Yuki had won two Challenger singles titles last year on way to reaching a career-best rank of 88. However, a painful tennis elbow took him away from the professional circuit for most of the season this year and forced him to miss three Grand Slams after he had competed at the Australian Open without any preparation.
Latest on Sportstar
- NBA Finals: 3 takeaways from Game 2 as Miami Heat levels series
- French Open 2023: Swiatek to face Gauff in quarterfinals after Tsurenko retires unwell
- French Open 2023: Rune beats Cerundolo in final set tiebreak, sets up quarterfinal rematch with Ruud
- Seven punished by Spanish government for racist insults against Vinicius
- Nacho, Fati called up to Spain squad for Nations League finals