India’s top singles player Yuki Bhambri today qualified for the ATP 500 Fever-Tree Championships after beating America’s Taylor Fritz in the second and final qualifying round in London and has been drawn to meet Stuttgart Open finalist Milos Raonic.
Yuki, seeded fifth in the Qualifiers, ended the hopes of the American third seed and world number 67 with a 6-4 6-2 victory in one hour and 10 minutes.
Yuki lost his serve twice but broke his rival five times.
It was the second meeting between the two players with Fritz emerging winner last year at the Ilkley event.
Yuki, ranked 84, will open his main draw campaign against the world number 35 Canadian, who ended runner-up to Roger Federer today in Stuttgart.
It will be the first match between Yuki and Raonic.
- Hard-serving Ivo Karlovic officially announces his retirement from tennis
- World team table tennis c’ships: India men edge out Kazakhstan to enter Round of 16
- Former India cricketer Lalchand Rajput appointed UAE head coach
- Take Bairstow out of firing line: Cook urges England to bench the out-of-form batter
- Royal Challengers Bangalore WPL 2024 team analysis: Squad depth, players to watch out, fixtures