Those hoping for twists and turns akin to an Alfred Hitchcock novel would have been disappointed with Sunrisers Hyderabad’s seven-wicket defeat against the Chennai Super Kings in an IPL 2023 match at the M.A. Chidambaram Stadium in Chennai on Friday night.
Ravindra Jadeja’s 3 for 22 set up a CSK win that was bookended by some coruscating strokeplay.
Defending a modest 134, the Sunrisers bowlers could not muster any venom as Ruturaj Gaikwad and Devon Conway pranced to 60 after the first six overs.
Enveloped by the ear-splitting hoots, whistles, and cheers, Conway hit four fours and a six in Marco Jansen’s third to shrink the target in no time, and his unbeaten 57-ball 77 eventually condemned SRH to its fourth defeat of the season.
Earlier, after the Super Kings elected to bowl, SRH’s innings was a typical spin challenge. Abhishek Sharma, a left-hander, opened for Sunrisers instead of Mayank Agarwal in an attempt to shield Harry Brook in case the host bowled more spin up front.
READ THE FULL MATCH REPORT HERE
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: Gujarat’s Urvil Patel smashes 41-ball hundred, records second-fastest List A ton by an Indian
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023 LIVE Score, Round 3: Badoni hits hundred for Delhi vs Karnataka, Tamil Nadu bundles Bengal for 84
- Aditi wins in Spain for her second LET golf title of season
- Shubman Gill named Gujarat Titans captain after Hardik Pandya traded to Mumbai Indians
- Hardik Pandya returns to Mumbai Indians, MI makes formal announcement ahead of IPL auction