Defending 11 off the last over, left-arm seamer Mohsin Khan (3-0-26-1) nailed his wide yorkers with millimetre precision, conceding just five runs to help Lucknow Super Giants beat Mumbai Indians by five runs at the Ekana Cricket Stadium on Tuesday.
Chasing 178, MI looked in control when Ishan Kishan and skipper Rohit Sharma added 90 runs for the opening wicket in less than ten overs.
However, leg-spinner Ravi Bishnoi pulled things back for the home team as he had both the openers holing out in the deep in an impressive spell (two for 26).
From there on, none of the MI batters got going, with the likes of Yash Thakur (two for 40) and Mohsin chipping in with wickets to swing the game towards the hosts.
READ THE FULL MATCH REPORT HERE
Latest on Sportstar
- WTC Final 2023: Cameron Green hopes to bring in Rohit Sharma’s calmness in title clash
- Sanjivani Jadhav finishes second in women’s 10,000m at Portland Track Festival
- McIlroy tied for lead at Memorial by making fewest mistakes
- Jabeur upset with fans reselling tickets due to women’s match in night session
- Nkunku stars as Leipzig retains German Cup with 2-0 win over Frankfurt