In Delhi Capitals’ team meetings, coach Ricky Ponting and captain David Warner have made no secret of their displeasure when talking to the batters. On Saturday, ‘Player of the Match’ Mitchell Marsh and Philip Salt responded to the challenge posed by Sunrisers Hyderabad. However, the familiar script of an implosion followed soon, which saw Sunrisers win the contest by nine runs.
Chasing 198 for a third straight victory, Capitals looked well on course after half-centuries from Marsh and Salt raised 112 runs for the second wicket following Warner’s departure without a run on the board. At this stage, with the 12th over in progress, Capitals were ahead of Sunrisers.
But in the space of 13 deliveries, the match turned on its head. Sunrisers pulled away by sending back Salt, Manish Pandey and Marsh.
Salt fell to a diving return catch, Pandey stepped out to be stumped and Marsh mistimed a heave to offer a skier. Soon Priyam Garg stepped out to drag one on to the stumps to become leg-spinner Mayank Markande’s second victim.
READ THE FULL MATCH REPORT HERE
- Table Tennis LIVE Score, Asian Games 2023: Manav, Manush qualify for doubles R-32; Sathiyan, Manika Mixed Doubles R-32 at 3:50 PM
- ICC ODI World Cup 2023 squads: Full players list of all 10 teams
- IND vs AUS live score 3rd ODI: Smith, Marsh score fifties, complete century partnership
- Nepal becomes first team to score 300 in men’s T20I; Dipendra Singh breaks Yuvraj Singh’s record for fastest 50
- Asian Games 2023 LIVE, September 27 Updates: Anant wins silver in men’s skeet; Esha bags silver in 25m pistol; Sumit bows out in tennis QF; India 5th with 22 medals