Experienced hand Rajneesh Dalal lived up to his potential to beat Ukrainian Olympian Andrey Kviatkovski in a men's 65kg bout in Haryana Hammers' impressive 6-3 win over Delhi Sultans in the semifinals of the Pro Wrestling League at the Gautam Buddha University indoor hall here on Wednesday.
Dalal's 9-3 victory helped Hammers pocket the tie with two bouts to spare. Hammers will take on Punjab Royals in the final on Thursday.
Ravi Kumar maintained his fine form to beat Pankaj 7-1 and gift Hammers a bright start.
Commonwealth Games bronze medallist Kiran stole four points in the final 20 seconds to register a 6-1 victory over European under-23 champion Anastasia Shustova and make it 2-0.
Former World champion Khetik Tsabalov narrowed the margin. The Russian exhibited his excellent leg attacks to notch up eight points in the second round and outclass Parveen Rana 9-0 in a men's 74kg bout.
Hammers won its next two bouts to stay ahead.
World and European junior champ Anastasia Nichita beat Katherina Zhydachivska 11-2 in a convincing fashion in women's 57kg, while Aleksander Khotsianivski trounced Satender Malik in men's 125kg in less than a minute.
Pinki kept Sultans in the race with her 3-1 fightback win over Seema.
However, Dalal gathered eight points, through spectacular takedowns and flips in the second round, against Kviatkovski to fetch Hammers' fifth win.
The result (semifinals):
- IND A vs ENG A Women, 3rd T20: Issy Wong shines again as England beats India by two wickets to win series 2-1
- WI vs ENG: Sam Curran sets unwanted record for most runs conceded by England bowler in ODI history
- WI vs ENG, 1st ODI: West Indies completes its second highest successful run-chase, beats England by four wickets
- I-League 2023-24 Top Scorers: Here are the leading goalscorers after matchday seven
- EURO 2024 playoffs: Which are the teams involved, when will the matches be played?