A crucial meeting between top wrestlers led by Bajrang Punia and Sports Minister Anurag Thakur began at his residence on Wednesday morning as the government continued its effort to strike a deal with the protesting grapplers against outgoing WFI chief Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh.
The meeting was called upon by Thakur to break the impasse which has been going on for more than a month.
It is the second round of meeting between the government and protesting wrestlers, who met Home Minister Amit Shah on Saturday night.
The wrestlers have been protesting against Brij Bhushan, demanding his arrest for alleged sexual harassment of seven women grapplers.
- World Athletics Championships 2023: Tamberi wins gold after thrilling high jump final, Barshim finishes third
- Al-Nassr wins thriller against Shabab Al-Ahli to qualify for AFC Champions League
- World Athletics Championships 2023: Kipyegon cruises to third gold medal in 1500m in Budapest
- World Athletics Championships 2023, Day Four HIGHLIGHTS: Jyothi Yarraji fails to reach women’s 100m hurdles semis, Krishan Kumar finishes 54th in men’s 800m heats, Tamberi wins men’s high jump gold medal
- Serena Williams gives birth to second child