Belgian qualifier Elise Mertens will play in her first WTA Tour final after a commanding 6-4, 6-0 win over Croatian Jana Fett at the Hobart International on Friday.
The 21-year-old World No.127 needed only 70 minutes to advance in a dominant display against the No. 340 Fett.
Mertens will face Romanian third seed Monica Niculescu in Saturday's final.
The World No.40 advanced after a viral illness forced Ukrainian Lesia Tsurenko to withdraw before their scheduled semi-final match.
- NBA roundup: Cavs’ Max Strus hits half-court winner at buzzer
- Uday Saharan wins Emerging Hero award at the Sportstar ‘Focus Punjab’ Conclave
- WPL 2024: Royal Challengers Bangalore looks to maintain win-streak as it faces Delhi Capitals
- Brigadier Harcharan Singh honoured with Sportstar Hero Unsung Champion award at ‘Focus Punjab’ Sports Conclave
- Punjab’s sports policy unparalleled in the country, says Sports Minister Gurmeet Singh Meet Hayer