Russian Daria Kasatkina beat her third top-10 player in a row Friday to reach the WTA Indian Wells final, defeating world number eight Venus Williams 4-6, 6-4, 7-5.
The 20-year-old Kasatkina rallied to win the biggest victory of her career and defeat seven-time Grand Slam winner Williams, extending a year-long assault on top players, Grand Slam winners and former world number ones.
Kasatkina, seeded 20th, next faces either world number one Simona Halep or Japan's Naomi Osaka in Sunday's final.
- Asian Games 2023: Neeraj Chopra indicates ‘error’ in judgement by officials as Anju Bobby George slams organisers
- Indian men exorcise the ghost of 2018, enter Asian Games 2023 hockey final
- Bengaluru FC 2-1 East Bengal Highlights: Sunil Chhetri, Javi Hernandez score as BFC beats EBFC in ISL 2023-24
- ICC World Cup 2023: Youngest and oldest squads and players in the tournament
- ODI World Cup 2023: Buttler backs England’s attacking approach in title defence in Indian conditions