Britain's Johanna Konta appeared to be in good spirits on Tuesday, posting an upbeat note on social media the day after suffering heart palpitations during her 6-4, 6-4 loss to Czech Marie Bouzkova at the Top Seed Open.
The world No. 15 needed medical attention just minutes into her opening round match in Lexington, Kentucky, on Monday, before she was able to continue playing.
In a Twitter post on Tuesday, 29-year-old Konta did not mention her heart scare but said she was disappointed by her result at the Top Seed Open.
“Not the result I wanted, however so incredibly grateful to be competing again,” the third-seeded Konta tweeted. “Looking forward to my next opportunity.”
The Top Seed Open marks the first WTA Tour tournament in the United States since the COVID-19 outbreak put much of the professional sports calendar on hold.
- IND 12-0 UZB LIVE Score, Asian Games 2023: India leads 12-0 vs Uzbekistan after third quarter
- India vs Thailand Table Tennis Live Score Asian Games 2023: IND 2-1 THA; Sutirtha wins 3-2, Sharath loses in IND vs KAZ - Hangzhou 2022 updates
- India vs Myanmar LIVE streaming, Asian Games 2023: When and where to watch Indian football match?
- Shooting at Asian Games 2023, Hangzhou 2022 HIGHLIGHTS: Ramita wins 10m air rifle bronze, India women win silver in AR team
- Asian Games 2023, September 24 Live Updates from Hangzhou 2022: India wins three silver, two bronze medals; Women’s cricket team reaches final; India leads Uzbekistan 7-0 in men’s hockey