Almoez Ali put in a sensational four-goal display as Qatar booked its place in the Asian Cup knockout stages with a dominant 6-0 win over North Korea in Group E.
Ali netted late on in Qatar's victory over Lebanon in its opening fixture and the 22-year-old was in top form as the World Cup 2022 host stormed into the last 16.
After expertly turning home Akram Hassan Afif's cross, Ali doubled his tally two minutes later, having latched onto a superb delivery from Hasan Al Haydos.
Ri Un-chol went close to pulling one back for North Korea, which was reduced to 10 men late on, but the result was put beyond all doubt when Boualem Khoukhi headed in on the stroke of half-time.
Ali had his third – and the tournament's first hat-trick – 10 minutes after the interval, subtly nudging Afif's weighted throughball past the onrushing Ri Myong-guk to overtake Iran's Sardar Azmoun as the 2019 Asian Cup's leading scorer.
Qatar did not let up though, piling further humiliation on North Korea as Afif and Ali again combined for the latter to drill in his fourth on the hour, with the woodwork denying the striker another goal moments later before left-back Abdelkarim Hassan made it six at the culmination of a surging run.
Matters were made worse for North Korea in the 90th minute, Jong Il-gwan receiving his second yellow card for a reckless lunge on Khoukhi.
Felix Sanchez's side now tops Group E and a point against already qualified Saudi Arabia on Thursday will see it secure pole position.
- IND vs AUS live score 3rd ODI: Warner, Marsh open as Australia looks to avoid cleansweep vs India
- Shooting LIVE SCORE Asian Games 2023: Anant eyes gold in men’s skeet final; Sift wins gold with WR, Ashi bronze in 50m rifle 3P; Esha wins 25m women’s pistol silver; India wins 25m women’s pistol team gold- Hangzhou 2022 updates
- Asian Games 2023, September 27 Live Updates from Hangzhou 2022: Esha Singh bags silver in 25m pistol, Samra wins 50m rifle 3p gold with new WR; Shiva Thapa in action, tennis results
- Table Tennis LIVE Score, Asian Games 2023: India Men’s Doubles R-64, Manav Thakkar and Manush Shah in action
- Asian Games 2023: Esha Singh bags silver in 25m pistol women’s final, Manu Bhaker finishes fifth