2018 Asian Games quiz
The trivia from the recently-concluded 18th Asian Games in Jakarta and Palembang, Indonesia.
1. Japan’s Rikako Ikee won the Most Valuable Player award at the Asian Games. What is unique about her award since it was introduced in 1998 Bangkok?
2. The partner of which Indian business magnate was part of the team that won a bronze in the sport of Bridge?
3. For what reason did the Indian tennis team not wear the shorts that were provided to them by Li-Ning, India’s apparel partner?
4. Which of the following cricket-playing nations did NOT send a baseball team to the Asian Games?
5. What was historic about the team that won the gold in 500m women’s dragon boat racing?
6. Here’s something for you to chew over - the 2018 games featured a mixed 4x400 relay race for the first time with both genders being involved in the same race. One of the things that was discussed fervently was the order in which each team will send its two men and women. So, what order did India go with?
7. If Neeraj Chopra carried it on 18th August 2018, who carried it on 2nd September 2018?
8. The 2022 Asian Games will be held for the third time in China at Hangzhou. How many countries did Hangzhou beat to win the bid for hosting the event?