Albert Ramos-Vinolas was at the Sportstar stall, showing his big serves to the enthusiastic youngsters. The tall Spaniard also talked to the contest winners and distributed prizes to them.
Back in Chennai for the second time, Vinolas is hoping for an improved show this time around,”First time I was here, I didn’t play so good. I would like to play a good tournament and show my best tennis” he said.
He played some of his best tennis in 2016, and reached the quarter finals of the French Open. Looking forward to 2017, he said “I have to play my best and give my 100% for all the points, then at the end of the season I will see whether it was a good year or not.”
Talking about his approach to different tournaments, Vinolas said"Every tournament is very different, you can't compare a 250 event to a grand slam or even a 500"
Vinolas will face Steve Darcis in his second round match today.
Latest on Sportstar
- ENG vs IRE Test, day 1: England takes control against Ireland as Broad stars with ball
- ‘I will continue’: Ronaldo says he’ll stay in Saudi
- India wins Junior Asia Cup, beats Pakistan 2-1
- Champions League final referee under UEFA scrutiny for links to far-right leader in Poland
- Swiatek defeats Liu, reaches French Open third round