India’s defence of 183 runs in the final of the 1983 World Cup final remains the lowest total defended in the knockout rounds of the quadrennial tournament.
In 50-over World Cups, the record belongs to Australia which stopped West Indies from chasing 208 runs in the 1996 World Cup.
South Africa will have the opportunity to go second on the list after it managed 212 runs against Australia in the semifinal of the 2023 World Cup in Kolkata.
Here are the lowest totals defended in ICC ODI World Cup knockouts:
|New Zealand||2011||South Africa||221/8|
- Lowest totals defended in ICC World Cup knockout matches
- India vs Australia Live Score Updates, World Cup 2023 Final: IND 221/8 (46) vs AUS; Suryakumar at crease but India in trouble
- ODI World Cup Finals: What is the lowest total defended in a WC final?
- IND vs AUS: Zampa equals Muralitharan to take most wickets by a spinner in single World Cup edition
- IND vs AUS: India fails to hit a six between overs 11 and 40 for the first time in World Cup 2023