Australia fast bowler Mitchell Starc will miss the third and final Test against South Africa due to a tendon injury in the middle finger of his bowling hand, the 32-year-old said at a news conference on Thursday.
REPORT - Australia beat South Africa by an innings and 182 runs
The left-hander suffered the injury in the second Test, which Australia won by an innings and 182 runs on Thursday to seal the series 2-0 with a match to spare. Australia all-rounder Cameron Green will also miss the final match of the series, which begins on January 4 in Sydney, to recover from a broken finger he sustained in Melbourne.
Latest on Sportstar
- French Open: Sabalenka, Djokovic hoping to steer clear of controversy
- ENG vs IRE Test, day 1: England takes control against Ireland as Broad stars with ball
- ‘I will continue’: Ronaldo says he’ll stay in Saudi
- India wins Junior Asia Cup, beats Pakistan 2-1
- Champions League final referee under UEFA scrutiny for links to far-right leader in Poland