Olmo draws first blood: Spain's Dani Olmo scores the first goal in the 11th minute, giving his side an early lead.
Two is better than one: Marco Asensio, second right, ends the contest with a second goal.
The more the merrier: Ferran Torres makes it 3-0 with a penalty kick 10 minutes later.
Spain's Ferran Torres, second right, shoots to score his side's fourth goal during the World Cup group E soccer match between Spain and Costa Rica, at the Al Thumama Stadium in Doha, Qatar, Wednesday, Nov. 23, 2022. (AP Photo/Frank Augstein)
In elite company: Spain’s Gavi scores its fifth goal to become the youngest player to score in the World Cup since Pelé’s double against Sweden in June 1958.
Mighty arsenal: Carlos Soler, coming off the bench, scores the sixth goal of the night in the 90th minute.
Baby-faced assassin: Spain's Alvaro Morata scores the final goal against Costa Rica in the last moments of the match.
Off to a good start: The Spanish team, including Alvaro Morata celebrate the win against Costa Rica in the FIFA World Cup opener.
A night to forget: Keylor Navas, a three-time UEFA Champions League winner, saw seven goals go past him, in one of his worst-ever performances.
- Al Nassr vs Persepolis LIVE Score, NAS 0-0 PER, AFC Champions League 2023-24: Ronaldo’s 10 man team keeps it all square, second half underway
- ISL 2023-24: Super sub Victor Rodriguez brings three points home for FC Goa against Jamshedpur FC as it goes on top of the table
- Mohun Bagan Super Giant vs Odisha FC Highlights, AFC Cup: MBSG 2-5 OFC, Juggernauts beat Mariners to stay second
- Prannoy, Lakshya withdraw from Syed Modi International 2023
- Hockey Nationals 2023: Defending champions Haryana to face Punjab in the final