Chennaiyin FC signs Jobby Justin on a two-year deal
The striker, who was with ATK Mohun Bagan, missed the whole of last season because of a ligament injury.
Published : Jul 25, 2021 13:17 IST
Two-time Indian Super League (ISL) champion Chennaiyin FC completed the signing of striker Jobby Justin on a two-year deal from ATK Mohun Bagan, ahead of the 2021-22 season.
The 27-year-old made his ATK Mohun Bagan debut in the 2019-20 season, where he played 10 matches, but missed the 2020-21 season for the club due to a ligament injury.
“I am really happy to receive an offer from a renowned club like Chennaiyin FC. Being a South Indian, I always wanted to play for a south-based team and when a prestigious club like Chennaiyin FC came calling, it was an easy decision for me,” Justin exclaimed , following the signing.
“I have a lot of expectations lined up with this signing and the most important one is being a part of the first team. Another important one will be to shower the club with as many achievements as I can. Finally, I would love to express all my love and gratitude to my family, friends, and most importantly to my fans who stood by me throughout my highs and lows," he added.
- MI-W vs UP-W Highlights WPL 2024: UP Warriorz beats MI by 7 wickets
- I-League 2023-24: Rajasthan United strikes twice in injury time to get a point from Shillong Lajong
- Champions League winner and Man United veteran John O’Shea named interim coach of Ireland
- Paralympics: More than 160 countries to broadcast Paris 2024
- Pro Kabaddi League Semifinals, PKL 10 HIGHLIGHTS: Haryana Steelers beats Jaipur Pink Panthers 31-27; Puneri Paltan wins 37-21 vs Patna Pirates