Emre Can has undergone successful surgery on a thyroid nodule, Serie A champion Juventus has announced.
Juventus confirmed on Monday that following specialist medical examinations in Germany, Can has had an operation on the issue.
"The operation was carried out today in Frankfurt by Professor Vorlaender, in the presence of Dr Claudio Rigo and was a complete success," a statement said.
"The prognosis for the resumption of physical activity will be better assessed in the coming days."
Can has made eight Serie A appearances this season having joined on a four-year deal from Liverpool on a free transfer in June.
He could miss Saturday's Serie A game at home to Cagliari as well as the Champions League return match with Manchester United four days ago.
- IND vs ENG Live Score Updates, 4th Test Day 4: IND 120/3, 72 runs away from win; Gill, Jadeja recalibrate innings
- Ranji Trophy Live Score, Day 4 Quarterfinal updates: MP beats Andhra by 4 runs; Karnataka makes comeback vs Vidarbha
- NBA roundup: Pacers snap Mavs’ 7-game win streak
- Klopp puts faith in kids to win ‘most special’ trophy of his career
- Gujarat Giants vs Mumbai Indians Highlights, WPL 2024: Harmanpreet Kaur seals five-wicket win with a six