Barcelona's Lionel Messi was called up by Argentina on Thursday for friendly games against Brazil and Uruguay next month.
Messi has not played for Argentina since he was sent off against Chile in their victorious third-place play-off match in the Copa America on July 7.
The striker was then handed a three-month suspension for comments he made after the game, in which he accused CONMEBOL, the governing body of South American football, of corruption.
In Messi's absence, Argentina has played four friendlies, drawing against Chile and Germany while beating Mexico and Ecuador.
It faces Brazil in Saudi Arabia on November 15 and then Uruguay in Israel on November 18.
Messi has endured an injury-affected start to the season after hurting his foot in August and then his thigh in September.
But his recovery has coincided with a return to form for Barcelona, which has won its last seven consecutive games in all competitions.
Messi scored twice in a 5-1 win over Real Valladolid on Tuesday.
- Al Ain vs Al Nassr Highlights, AFC Champions League Quarterfinal: Rahimi goal gives host 1-0 advantage in first leg
- AFC Champions League quarterfinal: Ronaldo’s Al Nassr suffers narrow loss against Al Ain in first-leg
- ISL 2023-24: NorthEast United FC’s playoffs challenge takes a hit with a 2-2 draw against Hyderabad FC
- WPL 2024: Royal Challengers Bangalore beats UP Warriorz, finishes home leg on a high
- Indian shuttler B Sai Praneeth retires from international badminton