Dani Alves has responded to losing his status as the player to provide the most assists for Lionel Messi in LaLiga – and he is not happy.
Luis Suarez overtook Alves' tally of 26 assists to Barcelona's talismanic forward when setting up Messi's goal in Sunday's 1-1 draw with Valencia and the right-back – who now plays for Paris Saint-Germain – replied on Twitter to a post confirming the news by saying: "Nooooooo!!!"
The Brazilian followed up with two tears of joy emojis, though, suggesting he has taken former team-mate Suarez usurping him in good spirits.
Alves ended an eight-year stay with Barcelona to join Juventus in 2016 before moving on to French giants PSG a year later.
- Al Nassr vs Al Hazem LIVE score Saudi Pro League: NAS 4-4 HAZ; Ronaldo suspended, Talisca scores hattrick, Ricardo scores stoppage time leveller
- WPL 2024: Smriti’s heroics in vain as Kapp, Jonassen help Delhi beat Bangalore by 25 runs
- German Open: Jolly-Gayatri advance to quarterfinals
- RCB-W vs DC-W Highlights WPL 2024: Delhi Capitals beats Royal Challengers by 25 runs
- Indian sports wrap, February 29