Rangers women’s assistant manager Craig McPherson has been handed a six-match ban for his headbutt on Celtic boss Fran Alonso after a heated Old Firm derby last month.
McPherson approached the Spaniard after Celtic scored a stoppage time equaliser in a 1-1 draw on March 27.
He subsequently offered a “full and unreserved apology” for his actions towards Alonso and said he would “accept in full” any punishment deemed appropriate.
The incident was also the subject of police enquiries.
McPherson was found guilty of breaching the Scottish Football Association’s disciplinary rule 77, which states: “such person or body shall not act in any manner which is improper or use any one, or a combination of, violent conduct, serious foul play, threatening, abusive, indecent or insulting words or behaviour.”
Rangers men’s boss Michael Beale described the incident as “out of character” for McPherson.
- World Cup final: Rohit, India gear up for spin-friendly pitch against Australia in Ahmedabad
- FIFA World Cup 2026 qualifiers points table LIVE: CAF standings, Nigeria second in Group C, Salah hat-trick keeps Egypt top of Group A
- Mathieu named France’s Davis Cup captain; to lead men’s Paris Olympics team
- Everton point-deduction explained: Why was the Premier League club penalised?
- SkaSports, Angkor Tiger FC, plans to scout for young Indian players