Could Chelsea gazump its Premier League rivals in the race for Jadon Sancho?
According to reports, the Blues are working on a club-record deal for the Borussia Dortmund winger.
Frank Lampard was among Sancho's idols growing up and the Chelsea boss has been open about his desire to bring in a replacement for Eden Hazard.
TOP STORY – SANCHO SET FOR STAMFORD BRIDGE?
Chelsea could celebrate the end of its transfer ban by splashing out £120million to secure Borussia Dortmund and England star Jadon Sancho, according to The Sun .
The huge price tag attached to one of Europe's brightest prospects has reportedly quashed Liverpool's interest and Manchester United are also said to be at risk of missing out on a long-term target.
Read: He's not going to go – Solskjaer rules out January move for Pogba
The Sun claims Chelsea head coach Lampard believes Sancho, 19, can be the man to fill the attacking void left by Hazard's close-season departure to Real Madrid.
Sancho has scored nine Bundesliga goals this season and hit eight in seven games across all competitions prior to Dortmund's 2-1 defeat to Hoffenheim on Friday.
- LaLiga giant Real Madrid and Premier League champion Manchester City are monitoring Marquinhos' contract impasse at Paris Saint-Germain, writes Le 10 Sport . The Ligue 1 leader is reportedly unwilling to meet the Brazilian's financial demands as it seeks to extend his deal beyond 2022.
- There is a "big question mark" hanging over Paco Alcacer's future at Dortmund as the striker struggles to carve out a regular Bundesliga starting spot, reports Ruhr Nachrichten .
- Tottenham has opened talks over a January move for Flamengo midfielder Gerson, says 90min . The 22-year-old started for Flamengo in their Club World Cup final loss to Liverpool on Saturday.
- Barcelona included Arturo Vidal in its starting XI against Deportivo Alaves on Sunday and is now seemingly determined to block his expected Camp Nou exit. According to Mundo Deportivo , the Chilean's agent has met with club executives in a bid to secure a mid-season switch to Serie A, where Inter is rumoured to be his strongest suitor, but €20m will not be enough to do a deal.
- The Nerazzurri's city rival might have more success in making a midfield acquisition. La Gazzetta dello Sport claims Stefano Pioli's Milan is interested in United outcast Nemanja Matic, who has been linked to Inter.