Ramkumar Ramanathan will spearhead the Indian challenge against Denmark in the Davis Cup tennis World Group play-off tie to be played on the grass courts of the Gymkhana Club on March 4 and 5.
The selection committee under the chairmanship of Nandan Bal chose the team on expected lines, with Prajnesh Gunneswaran and Yuki Bhambri as the other singles players.
The Asian Games gold medallists Rohan Bopanna and Divij Sharan will form the doubles team for the tie. It was announced that the team would assemble on February 23 to prepare well for the tie.
Latest on Sportstar
- UFC 289 LIVE results, Nunes vs Aldana, Oliveira vs Dariush: Main card starts soon, streaming update
- WTC Final: Oval track wasn’t fully prepared for a game like WTC final, says Shami
- Conor McGregor knocks out Heat mascot in bizarre promotion at NBA Finals
- Ederson is Manchester City’s unlikely European hero
- Swiatek vs Muchova HIGHLIGHTS, French Open 2023 women’s final: Iga wins 6-2, 5-7, 6-4; defends title