A majority of the top archers of the country - barring Olympian Deepika Kumari - will treat the National Games, beginning at the Sanskardham ground here on Friday, as a year-ending event. The Games will test the archers ahead of an important year.
Olympian archers Tarundeep Rai, Atanu Das, Pravin Jadhav, Jayanta Talukdar and young talent Parth Salunkhe - among men - and the talented Ankita Bhakat, Komalika Bari, Ridhi Phor and Dipti Kumari - among women - will be some of the prominent names who will be seen in action in recurve competitions.
ALSO READ - Archer Atanu Das gears up for the National Games
“It’s a top level event in the country and my training at Pune has been good,” said Tarundeep.
“The National Games will give me a chance to check where I am,” said Atanu.
But archery followers will miss the experienced Deepika Kumari, who has chosen to take a break.
In the compound section, the decorated Abhishek Verma, Rajat Chauhan and Aman Saini - among men - and Triple Worlds silver medallist V. Jyothi Surekha, Priya Gurjar, Muskar Kirar, Avneet Kaur and Pragati - among women - will be some of the attractions.
Latest on Sportstar
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic retires: 10 records which the Sweden legend broke
- Gauff beats Schmiedlova to enter French Open quarterfinals
- BAI introduces Voluntary Age Rectification Scheme to eradicate age fraud
- NBA Draft 2023: Full list of early candidates after withdrawals
- Inzaghi praises City and Guardiola ahead of Champions League final