A majority of the top archers of the country - barring Olympian Deepika Kumari - will treat the National Games, beginning at the Sanskardham ground here on Friday, as a year-ending event. The Games will test the archers ahead of an important year.
Olympian archers Tarundeep Rai, Atanu Das, Pravin Jadhav, Jayanta Talukdar and young talent Parth Salunkhe - among men - and the talented Ankita Bhakat, Komalika Bari, Ridhi Phor and Dipti Kumari - among women - will be some of the prominent names who will be seen in action in recurve competitions.
ALSO READ - Archer Atanu Das gears up for the National Games
“It’s a top level event in the country and my training at Pune has been good,” said Tarundeep.
“The National Games will give me a chance to check where I am,” said Atanu.
But archery followers will miss the experienced Deepika Kumari, who has chosen to take a break.
In the compound section, the decorated Abhishek Verma, Rajat Chauhan and Aman Saini - among men - and Triple Worlds silver medallist V. Jyothi Surekha, Priya Gurjar, Muskar Kirar, Avneet Kaur and Pragati - among women - will be some of the attractions.
- Spieth selected to replace McIlroy on PGA Tour policy board considering Saudi deal
- FIFA World Cup 2026 qualifiers points table LIVE: CAF standings, Senegal tops Group B, Salah hat-trick helps Egypt lead Group A
- Belief in right path will pay off for the struggling Germany side says coach Nagelsmann
- Injury-stricken India looks to beat the odds against Qatar in FIFA World Cup 2026 qualifier
- Thompson-Herah names new coach after recent split with former trainer