Noah Lyles completed a glorious World Championships when he anchored the United States to victory in the World Championship 4x100 metres relay to claim a third Budapest gold medal on Saturday.
Despite its rich depth, the US had not won an Olympic final since 2000 and had just one gold from the last seven World Championships amid a series of fumbles and disqualifications.
But it was almost faultless on Saturday as Christian Coleman, Fred Kerley, Brandon Carnes and Lyles won in 37.38.
Olympic champion Italy, with Tokyo individual gold medallist Lamont Marcell Jacobs on the second leg, took silver with 37.62, with Jamaica finishing strongly to edge out Britain for bronze in 37.76.
- Kerala Blasters vs FC Goa LIVE score, ISL 10: KBFC v FCG lineups; Kick-off at 7:30 PM IST; When, where to watch
- Chelsea vs Liverpool Carabao Cup 2023-24 final LIVE Updates: Where to watch, h2h record, team news and injury update
- GG vs MI Live Score, WPL 2024: Mumbai Indians wins toss, asks Beth Mooney & Co. to bat first
- Indian sports wrap, February 25
- Ranji Trophy quarterfinal: Shams, Tushar strike as Mumbai grasps first-innings lead against Baroda on Day 3