Para Asian Games gold medallist shuttler Pramod Bhagat continued his good run, bagging a gold medal in the SL3 singles category at the Hulic Daihatsu Japan Para Badminton International tournament in Tokyo.
Bhagat, on Sunday, defeated compatriot Manoj Sarkar 21-16, 21-19 in the title clash that lasted 38 minutes. In the mixed doubles, Bhagat and Manisha Ramdass went down to Chinese pair of Yang Jianyuan and Yang Qiu Xia 21-14, 15-21, 21-16.
Sukant Kadam lost to Malaysia’s Mohd Amin Burhanuddin in the semifinals to secure a bronze medal in the singles SL4 category. India’s Tarun secured a bronze in the same category.
Nehal Gupta and Naveen Sivakumar also secured a gold medal for India in men’s doubles SL3-SL4 category beating compatriots Deep Ranjan Bisoyee and Manoj Sarkar 21-19 18-21 21-17 in the final.
Manisha Joshi got a bronze medal in women’s SL3 category, while Hardik Makkar and Ruthick Ragupathi bagged bronze in men’s doubles SU5 division.
Thulasimathi Murugesan won a silver in women’s SU5 category and Manisha Ramdass secured a bronze.
Manasi Joshi and Thulasimathi Murugesan then teamed up to clinch a gold medal in women’s doubles SL3-SU5 category, beating the Indonesian pair of Leani Ratri Oktila Khalimatus Sadiyah 21-16 21-11 in the final.
- Olympic sports bodies want talks with IOC on threats from adding cricket and others to 2028 program
- Who are the ‘Carota Boys’? Jannik Sinner’s fans following him around
- India wins 18 medals at Japan Para-Badminton International tournament
- Danial Moatazedi, the Iranian middle blocker whose attacks helped Ahmedabad Defenders lift PVL 2023 title
- NBA: Victor Wembanyama game-by-game stats for San Antonio Spurs