The Indian badminton team, including its best bet Sourabh Verma, bowed out of the Singapore Open after a dismal outing here on Thursday.
Verma lost to Vietnam’s Tien Minh Nguyen 21-18 15-21 11-21 in 56 minutes in a men’s singles match.
Rituparna Das was shown the exit door by Indonesia's Yulia Yosephin Susanto as she lost 21-15 13-21 16-21 in a women’s singles second round match.
The mixed doubles pair of Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Ashwini Ponappa lost 21-14 16-21 21-14 to Hong Kong’s seventh seeded Lee Chun Hei Reginald and Chau Hoi Wah.
Ruthvika Shivani succumbed 8-21 15-21 to Japanese fifth seed Sayaka Takahashi in another women’s singles second round match.
Subhankar Dey, too, lost in straight games to Chinese Taipei’s top seed Tien Chen Chou 13-21 14-21.
The men’s doubles duo of Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty, seeded second, lost to China’s Ou Xuanyi and Xiangyu Ren 17-21 18-21.
Latest on Sportstar
- Dominant Verstappen ripping through the F1 record books
- Red Bull Campus Cricket League: Cricket in the mountains and a launchpad for young prospects
- French Open 2023: Ruud reaches quarterfinals after straight-sets win over Jarry
- Kane? Osimhen? Six players who could replace Benzema at Real Madrid
- WTC Final 2023, India vs Australia: All You Need To Know, Playing Conditions, squad, live streaming info