James Anderson moved back above Ravichandran Ashwin to number one in the ICC Test bowling rankings following England's win over Pakistan.
Anderson, England's leading Test wicket taker, claimed match figures of 4-85 as England wrapped up victory by 141 runs, an impressive effort having been 103 behind after the first innings.
That performance earned Anderson six points, while India off-spinner Ashwin's match figures of 6-166 against the lower-ranked West Indies saw him lose six points, meaning the England seamer is now 12 ahead.
Meanwhile, Australia's Mitchell Starc has leapt eight spots to a career-high seventh following his 11 wickets against Sri Lanka in Galle.
- Manchester derby LIVE: Man City vs Man United, MCI 0-0 MUN Premier League; City kicks the game off
- Shardul Thakur laments lack of rest between Ranji Trophy matches, calls for better scheduling
- DC-W vs GG-W live score, WPL 2024: Late wickets help Gujarat Giants restrict Delhi Capitals to 163/8
- WPL 2024: Wounded RCB hopes to provide some cheer to crowd, takes on UP Warriorz in last home game
- Olympic Boxing Qualifier 2024: Deepak goes down fighting on opening day against Nijat of Azerbaijan