The 11th edition of the lucrative Indian Premier League (IPL) will be held from April 7 to May 27, the IPL governing council said on Monday. Mumbai will host the opening match and the final of the cash-rich T20 tournament.
The IPL governing council also decided to shift the start of the matches, which were scheduled to begin at 8pm and 4pm earlier.
“The Broadcasters requested for a change in timings and IPL governing council in principal has accepted it,” IPL chairman Rajeev Shukla said.
“Live broadcast of 8pm game will be shifted to 7pm, while 4pm will be played at 5:30pm,” he added.
Kings XI Punjab will play four of its home games in Mohali and three in Indore, while the home matches of Rajasthan Royals, who is returning to IPL after serving a two-year ban, will be decided after the Rajasthan High court’s hearing on January 24.
A total of 578 players including 360 Indians will go under the hammer in this year’s IPL auction at Bangalore on January 27 and 28
- India golf squad for Asian Games 2023: Full teams for men and women
- Asian Games 2023, September 27 Live Updates from Hangzhou 2022: Esha Singh bags silver in 25m pistol, Samra wins 50m rifle 3p gold with new WR; Shiva Thapa loses
- IND vs AUS live score 3rd ODI: Marsh, Warner attack early after Australia opts to bat vs India
- Shooting LIVE Score Asian Games 2023: Anant eyes gold in men’s skeet final; Sift wins gold with WR, India wins 25m women’s pistol team gold
- Table Tennis LIVE Score, Asian Games 2023: India Men’s Doubles R-64, Manav Thakkar and Manush Shah in action