Allrounder Mohammad Nabi has scored the fastest fifty for Afghanistan in ODIs, in 24 balls, during the Asia Cup 2023 match against Sri Lanka at the Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore on Tuesday.
Coming into bat at number six, Nabi hit six fours and three sixes to reach his fifty.
Before Nabi, Mujeeb Ur Rahman had the record of scoring fastest for Afghanistan in 27 balls against Pakistan earlier this year.
Fastest 50 for Afghanistan in ODIs
1) Mohammad Nabi - 24 balls
2) Mujeeb Ur Rahman - 26 balls vs Pakistan
3) Rashid Khan - 27 balls vs Ireland
Overall, South Africa’s AB De Villiers holds the record of scoring the fastest ODI fifty in 16 balls against West Indies in 2015.
Fastest 50 in ODIs
1) AB De Villiers - 16 balls vs West Indies, 2015
2) Sanath Jayasuriya - 17 balls vs Pakistan, 1996
3) Kusal Perera - 17 balls vs Pakistan, 2015
- Ethiopian Yehualaw, Kenya’s Ebenyo to make debuts at Tata Steel Kolkata 25K on December 17
- Glenn Maxwell hopes for a Test recall, sets eyes on Sri Lanka tour
- Vijay Hazare Trophy LIVE Score, Round 7: TN qualifies for quarterfinals; Karnataka stutters in chase vs Mizoram
- Karun Nair hopes for a national comeback after career reset with Vidarbha
- NBA: LeBron James, Lakers relish tourney matchup vs. Suns