With a 33-run win in the final, Ramachandraa Public School clinched the School Premier League title in Kolapakkam, Chennai, on Monday.
Batting first, Ramachandraa Public School scored 116 for 8 in the stipulated 20 overs, Abhinav Kanna top-scoring with 42. In reply, St. Bede's Anglo Indian Higher Secondary School scored 83 for 9. Reyhan was the most successful bowler for the winning team, taking 3 for 11.
The game concluded the month-long U-14 tourney open to schools across Chennai. It featured 32 teams and 31 matches were played in a round-robin format.
Vrishank Karthik of the Ramachandraa Public School was adjudged the best batsman of the competition. He scored 170 runs at a strike-rate of 115.63. Team-mate Reyhan's contribution in the final helped him secure the title of the best bowler.
K. V. Udit of St. Bede's Anglo Indian Higher Secondary School was adjudged the best fielder.
Andre Siddharth, with 141 runs and five wickets, was the man of the series.
The top three players of the competition were offered scholarship in the form of a three-month specialised coaching stint at Gen Next , a cricket academy run by India off-spinner R. Ashwin. Those selected for the scholarship were — Vayunath from Chellammal Vidyalaya, Muthukrishnan from Govt. HSS, and Vishal Gaura from PSBB Millenium Gerugambakkam.
The tourney was sponsored by The Hindu Group and Radiance Reality .
- Al Shabab vs Al Nassr highlights, SHB 2-3 NAS, Saudi Pro League: Talisca brace, Ronaldo strike guide Nassr to win and keep title race alive
- Saudi Pro League: Ronaldo scores milestone goal as Al Nassr edges Al Shabab to keep title race alive
- WPL 2024: Gujarat Giants stumbles to five-wicket loss against Mumbai Indians in low-scoring encounter
- Serie A 2023-24: Late Rugani goal gives Juventus 3-2 win over Frosinone
- Carabao Cup final, CHE vs LIV: Van Dijk nets extra-time winner as Liverpool beats Chelsea