France went 1-0 into the half time after Kylian Mbappe opened the scoring for Les Blues against Peru in Ekaterinburg Arena. Despite some early pressure from Peru, France soon settled into the game and in the 13th minute Raphael Varane's header off Antoine Griezmann's corner narrowly missed the far post.
Peru's best chance came in the 29th minute when Paolo Guerrero showed great first touch to control Edison Flores's pass to shoot at goal, but Lloris was there to block the effort. Mbappe got his first chance when Paul Pogba sent in a delightful ball into the box but was was not able to connect.
But the PSG loanee got his chance in the 34th minute, when Alberto Rodriguez's blocked attempt off Olivier Giroud's shot fell into Mbappe's path, who was left with an easy tap-in.
- AFC Cup 2023-24: Cummings brace edges Mohun Bagan Super Giant to 2-1 win against Maziya
- ODI World Cup 2023: England beats Bangladesh by four wickets in a rain-affected warm-up match
- ODI World Cup 2023: Team India goes full-throttle in the nets ahead of warm-up game against Netherlands
- England vs Bangladesh highlights, World Cup 2023 warm-up: Scorecard, match streaming updates
- Andersson to step down as coach if Sweden fail to get to Euros 2024