Luka Modric has won the Golden Ball for the best player at the 2018 World Cup.
The Croatia captain and Real Madrid midfielder inspired his side to the final for the first time in its history but was powerless to prevent Didier Deschamps' men from taking the trophy 4-2 in Moscow.
Modric beat Belgium forward Eden Hazard and Antoine Griezmann, who claimed a winner's medal after netting for Les Bleus in the final, to the prize.
FIFA's Technical Study Group decided the winner of the award, which was given to Argentina's Lionel Messi in 2014.
Past winners include Zinedine Zidane, Brazil great Ronaldo, Diego Maradona and Paolo Rossi.
Modric is also among the early favourites to win the 2018 Ballon d'Or later this year.
Latest on Sportstar
- Gundogan is HIM: Man City midfielder stakes claim to be best signing of Guardiola era
- Indian sports news wrap, June 4
- Pavlyuchenkova not expecting red carpet for Russians at Wimbledon
- Miami’s NBA Finals record after losing Game 1: Five losses, three titles; But are the Nuggets too spicy for the Heat?
- Real Madrid vs Athletic Bilbao; La Liga LIVE: When and where to watch Benzema’s last game; Streaming Info; Predicted XI