Bayern Munich coach Niko Kovac is "very confident" Leroy Sane will join the Bundesliga champion from Manchester City.
Germany international Sane has spent three seasons at City since leaving Schalke, developing into one of Europe's best wingers.
He scored 10 goals in each of the past two Premier League seasons, a particularly impressive feat in the most recent campaign given he only made 21 starts.
There have been suggestions coach Pep Guardiola lost some of his trust in Sane in 2018-19, hence a decrease in his line-up appearances.
Bayern has made no secret of its desire to bring the 23-year-old to the Allianz Arena and, although City's reported £90million asking price is said to have initially put it off, it now appears confident of striking a deal.
"Leroy is a great footballer, he has proved it in England and with the national team," Kovac told German broadcaster ZDF. "We want that.
"Our club management is very committed. It is not easy in this day and age, you see, otherwise it would already be sorted.
"But I am very confident. I assume we can get it [done]."
Bayern has also regularly been linked with Chelsea and England winger Callum Hudson-Odoi, but he is instead reportedly set to sign a new long-term contract at Stamford Bridge.
Kovac is seeking attacking replacements for Arjen Robben and Franck Ribery after both wingers left Bayern at the end of the 2018-19 season.
Latest on Sportstar
- WTC Final 2023: Josh Hazlewood ruled out, Michael Neser named replacement in Australia squad
- Karim Benzema to leave Real Madrid, to play last match against Athletic Bilbao on Sunday
- WTC Final 2023, India vs Australia: All You Need To Know, Playing Conditions, squad, live streaming info
- FA Cup Final: Man City beats Manchester United to move closer to historic treble
- Karim Benzema’s top moments at Real Madrid: Ballon d’Or win, 2011 El Clasico goal, hat-trick vs PSG and more